Monday 2 April 2012

Project 1 introduction

Our new project has us working to our own brief (after submitting a study proposal).
The project I've set myself is to conceptualise an original role-playing game with the narrative as my main focus (over aesthetic design).

Conceptualisation will be in the form of a mini game design document and a storyboard for an introductory sequence.

Along side this project, I'm still working with two others on a design document and pitch for another project.



My idea is set in a fantasy world and follows the journey of a young woman taken from her world and wiped of her memory. She joins several others, discovering the powers of the world while overcoming a great Evil. While I have the basic plot figured out, I want to focus on the back story; the establishing of the world and the basis for what is happening and why.

Examples and inspiration are the following:


Final Fantasy Series (Game, Square Enix),
Tales Series (Game, Namco Bandai),
Wild Arms series (Game, Media Vision),

His Dark Materials trilogy (Book, Phillip Pullman).
Inheritance Cycle (Book, Christopher Paolini),

Old Kingdom series (Book, Garth Nix)

Escaflowne (Manga, Kazuki Akane)
InuYasha (Manga, Rumiko Takahashi)



No comments:

Post a Comment